No injuries were reported in a house fire in Chattanooga Sunday night that has left a family homeless, authorities said.
Chattanooga firefighters, alongside four other fire companies, responded to an alarm at 8:19 p.m. at 2210 Camden St., according to Chattanooga Fire Department spokesperson Bruce Garner.
When they arrived, there was a large amount of fire on two sides of the house, Engine Four Capt. Marvin Hudgins said.
The fire was ruled accidental after investigators traced it to an electric heater that ignited something sitting near it, Garner said.
Resident Marqueata Blair told firefighters that she woke up to discover the fire outside her bedroom, Garner said. She grabbed her 5-year-old and 1-year-old children and escaped the house unharmed.
American Red Cross volunteers were called to provide assistance for the family.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
A family of seven is homeless after a kitchen fire at their Chattanooga home last night.
Chattanooga firefighters responded to two fires Wednesday night which displaced several families, said Chattanooga Fire Public Information Officer Bruce Garner.
House and apartment fires over the weekend kept area firefighters busy.
A fire destroyed an East Lake home early this morning and left a family with five children homeless, according to ...