An accidental kitchen fire at a duplex in Hixson today resulted in no injuries, but about $50,000 in damage, authorities said.
Crews responded to a duplex fire in a kitchen this afternoon at 5430 Crestview Drive, Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner said.
A pan of grease was left unattended on a lit stove eye, got too hot and burst into flames, according to Capt. Anthony Moore.
The flames had already spread into the attic before firefighters could get the blaze under control, Garner said. Most of the apartment, as well as the other side of the duplex, was saved, he said.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
No injuries were reported in connection with a duplex fire early this morning.
Chattanooga firefighters responded to a duplex fire around 7 p.m. today at 4205 Wilkesview Drive.
Residents of several Valleybrook Townhomes evacuated their homes Friday morning as Chattanooga firefighters battled a fire at 6403 Brookmead Circle.
Residents of several Valleybrook Townhomes evacauted their homes this morning as Chattanooga firefighters battled a fire at 6403 Brookmead Circle.